After the huge success of BHIM-UPI National Payment Corporation of India has come up with yet another revolutionary payment interface - the Bharat BillPay.
Bharat BillPay is a one-stop bill payment ecosystem brought to order by the RBI and NPCI. One can use the internet banking portal, make payments through the website, take help from registered agents, visit their nearest authorized bank or use the Bharat BillPay enabled mobile payment apps such as Amazon Pay, Google Pay, PhonePe etc. all options are available. With Bharat BillPay, NPCI aims to intensify competition among aggregators and bring them all under a national platform.
Categories of billers registered with Bharat BillPay?
- Mobile and Landline Post-Paid connection bill
As of now, the above-mentioned utility bills can be paid using the Bharat BillPay option. That said, categories may be expanded to include other types of repetitive payments like insurance premium, mutual funds, school fees, EMI"s, municipal taxes etc. Hopefully, more billers will be added in the near future.
Why use Bharat BillPay?
Why Bharat BillPay? If you want an answer to this, imagine a guy living far away from his parents in a different city. Now, if this guy has to ensure convenience and comfort for his old parents, the least he can do is pay their utility bills without making them stand in endless queues outside bill payment offices. But, how does he plan to do that?
This is where Bharat BillPay comes in! Making it easier to pay and manage all kinds of utility bills through one stop destination - Bharat BillPay. Using it is very simple and you can manage your and your family's bills in one place without having to switch between different apps. Also, Bharat BillPay is not a separate app or website for bill payment. It is an option available on banking and non-banking apps and websites registered with BillPay.
To sum up, Bharat BillPay makes it easier for you to:
- Pay all kinds of utility bills without switching between different apps,
- You don’t have to download a new app; it’s a payment option which would be available with your current banking or non-banking website and app such as PhonePe, Google Pay etc.
- You can manage all bills and payment receipts at one place,
How to pay your bills using Bharat BillPay?
- Choose your preferred payment channel. You can connect to Bharat BillPay banks or non-bank enabled channels such as the ones mentioned above. You can find the list here: https://bharatbillpay.com/Billpay.php
- Proceeding further, click on Bharat BillPay/ BBPS/ Bill Pay/ Bill Payment Option
- Choose or select the biller
- Enter customer details (it can be you or anyone else who entrusted you to pay their bills)
- Verify the details and click on 'Pay.
Once you do that, you'll instantly get your bill payment receipt. Note: Customers can also use BHIM-UPI app to pay their bills. The same is available for download on Google Play Store and iTune store. Also, using Bharat BillPay digitally is absolutely free. Though users might have to pay convenience charges if they avail the services of Bharat BillPay agents. The control and power to pay via Bharat BillPay enabled digital channels with zero cost is far superior than logging to different biller website/apps.