If you are planning an international trip with your family and looking through prospective places for such travel, you will absolutely want to consider Singapore.
Why you ask?
Safe, clean and modern - Singapore is an ideal destination to visit with your family and kids. But don’t be under the impression that Singapore solely caters to kids. It is, after all, one of the leading cities in art, culture, fashion and big-ticket events in South-East Asia.
So, without further ado, let us look through why Singapore should be your next destination for a trip with your family.
But, first things first, know all about the visa application process!
How to Apply for the Visa?
The Singapore government has introduced an online visa application process, which has made the process of getting Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians significantly easier. To obtain a visa for your visit to Singapore, you will need to file for an e-visa and submit your application to an authorised agent.
To file for the same, you can download your application form from the ICA.
- You will need to submit the following documents, without which your application will not be accepted –
- A passport, valid for at least six months from your date of departure from Singapore.
- Coloured passport size photographs.
- Form 14A.
- Supporting documents like Form V39A, letter of introduction, etc.
Further, you will need to pay a processing fee of $30 with your application.
Now that you have sorted out the formalities of a visa look through all the things that can make your trip to Singapore memorable!
Things you should carry when travelling to Singapore
Just look through the list of essential things to carry (provided below) while travelling to Singapore and pack accordingly to embark on your journey to this modern metropolis!
- Sufficient money. The exchange rate for 1 Singapore Dollar currently is 52.53 INR. You can reduce the necessity of carrying cash around by using a Forex card.
- Your international travel insurance that can provide financial protection against unforeseen circumstances like medical emergencies, lost luggage, booking cancellations, etc.
- Clothes appropriate for warm weather.
- Comfortable footwear – to help you explore the island-city on foot.
- Take your travel adapter for all your electronic gadgets.
Things to Partake In, While in Singapore
Penning down a list of things to do in Singapore can be difficult, mostly since there are so many of them!
But if you are taking your family for the trip, the following are a few things that you absolutely must not miss, at any cost.
- Take a cable car to Sentosa. You can even spend a couple of days on the island and take a tour around the Universal Studios Singapore.
- Take a tour of the gardens at Bay and marvel at the sight of the Super tree structures and the skywalk, especially at night.
- Go for a ride on a traditional bumboat, along the Singapore River.
- Explore the Battle box bunkers in the underground command centre from World War II in Singapore.
- Check out the Marina Bay Sands light show.
- Breakfast with Orangutans. Yes, that’s right, you can do so at the Singapore zoo!
- Stroll through Chinatown and visit its heritage centre.
- Take your kids to the Singapore Discovery centre museum to learn more about the island city’s history.
... and much more!
Places You MUST Visit While in Singapore
While it can be challenging to squeeze in all the places in the list below, on a single visit to Singapore, there is no harm in trying, right?
So, if you are planning your itinerary for the trip, note the following few places down –
- Sentosa Island.
- Gardens by the bay.
- Singapore flyer.
- Singapore botanic gardens.
- SFA aquarium.
- Marina Bay Sands and Helix Bridge.
- Merlion Park.
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.
- Siloso Beach.
- Lazarus Island.
… and Little India, just to find a little slice of home in a foreign land!
These are our top ten picks for places to visit while at Singapore, handpicked based on reviews and tourist experiences. There are probably about a hundred more though!
Try Out the Local Cuisine
The local cuisine is one of the highlights when it comes to a trip to Singapore. Here is a list of few delicacies which, to be honest, might be reason enough to take a trip to the island-city!
- Bak Kut Teh (Pork ribs soup)
- Wanton Mee
- Fried Carrot Cake
- Dim Sums
- Bak Chor Mee (minced meat noodles)
- Hokkien Prawn Mee (if you love seafood)
.. and so many more!
Keeping such above stated things in mind, you are all set for your trip to Singapore with your family!